Bematech’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Bematech’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- general economic, political and business conditions, both in Brazil and in the principal foreign markets in which Bematech operates or intends to operate;
- loss of market share arising from difficulties in the updating and development of its products and services, or significant changes in the standards of hardware and/or software;
- problems securing the acceptance of new products and services in the markets in which the Company operates or intends to operate;
- Bematech’s ability to fully and efficiently integrate its business and operations with the business and operations of the acquired companies - the Company’s capacity to maintain commercial relationships with software developers, collaborators and suppliers of raw materials and services;
- significant changes in the costs of its products or its operating costs, as well in the demands, needs, financial condition and preferences of Bematech’s customers;
- significant changes in currency exchange rates;
- an increase in competition in the sectors and markets where the Company operates;
- implementation of investment plans and expansion projects, including the expansion of its business in the segments in which Bematech operates, and their impact on its indebtedness;
- the Company’s ability to implement its operating strategy, including, but not limited to, by means of acquisition of companies in the sectors in which Bematech operates;
- the Company’s ability to implement its financial strategy and reduce the level of its indebtedness, and obtain credit when necessary, under reasonable terms and conditions;
- Bematech’s ability to maintain and improve its distribution channels and logistics structure;
- sales levels of complementary products;
- changes in applicable laws and regulations in the sectors where the Company operates;
- sales to corporate customers, sales abroad and the level of recurring revenues;
- growth of the retail sector in Brazil;
- the level of Bematech’s investments and the investments of its competitors in research and development;
- the suspension, cancellation or non-renewal of state tax incentives granted by the Company, or other governmental interventions resulting in changes in the economy, taxes or regulations in Brazil;
- difficulties in protecting Bematech’s intellectual property or defending the allegation of improper use of intellectual property of third-parties;
- adverse outcomes of judicial proceedings to which the Company is, or may be, party to;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect Bematech’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. Bematech’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
Last Update: November 08, 2012