Bematech announces 1Q12 Consolidated Results
Curitiba, May 9, 2012. Bematech S.A. (BM&FBovespa: BEMA3), leader in the Brazilian retail store automation market, hereby announces its consolidated results for the first quarter of 2012 (1Q12). The operating and financial data are presented based on consolidated figures, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), and also in compliance with accounting practices adopted in Brazil (BR GAAP).
Restructuring begun in 2011 produces first positive results: 47.5% increase in EBITDA, accompanied by a 28.2% upturn in net income over 1Q11
• The Company resumed profitability, with net income and EBITDA increasing 28.2% and 47.5%, respectively, over 1Q11;
• Despite the 14.5% decline in net revenue over 4Q11, already expected due to period seasonality, net income totaled R$6.0 million and the net margin increased by 7.2 p.p.;
• Conclusion of the negotiations for the acquisition of the remaining 49% of CMNet and initial integration of the businesses in the hotel, bar and restaurant segments, consolidating the Company’s leadership of the hospitality segment;
• Launch of the new structured channel program, Bematech Mais, designed to build stronger relations with Bematech’s partners, as well as provide them with support and improve their profitability;
• Recurring revenue increased by 3.9%, to 24.4% of total net revenue in 1Q12, versus 20.0% in 4Q11 and 28.0% in 1Q11.
Click here to read the full release.
Last Update: May 09, 2012