TGLT has a defined strategy: it focuses on the residential market, especially on multi-family housing, and is one of the few housing development companies with the capability to simultaneously launch and operate multiple large-scale projects.
TGLT plans on leading the housing residential real estate development industry to create value for its shareholders. The Company plans on conducting the following strategic initiatives:
- Become one of the leading developers of large residential projects for the high-income segment. In recent years, TGLT has focused on the high-income segment through its Forum Brand which, in addition to not needing credit to purchase real estate for residential purposes, has been hallmarked by its propensity to invest in superior-quality properties.
- Expanding in the development of housing for the mid-high income segment, banking on finance tools addressed at buyers in 2011. TGLT started developing products for the mid-high segment through its Astor brand.
- Creating the necessary abilities to lead the development of residential properties for the mid income segments. TGLT is currently developing housing products for the mid-income segment of the population with financing solutions under Cooperative Home Financing schemes. During 2012, the Company plans to launch the first projects under this scheme.
- Continuing its expansion into the main urban centers in Argentina and Uruguay, patterned on the successful positioning strategy it implemented in Rosario. TGLT plans to be present in all cities with a population of more than 1 million in Argentina and Uruguay.
- Maintaining a solid financial structure. The Company will continue adopting a conservative approach toward the use of working capital, maintaining adequate indebtedness levels and prioritizing pre-sales. Also, TGLT will try to secure its land bank by locking up as little capital expenditure as possible by using purchase options, swaps for finished units and seller financing schemes.
- Take advantage of economies of scale to vertically integrate. The simultaneous operation of multiple projects and the aggressive growth plan allow the Company to incorporate activities related to brokerage and construction of the projects it develops.