The PRI, "Principles for Responsible Investment" is an initiative developed by an international group of institutional investors reflecting the increasing concern with economic, environmental and social aspects of sustainable development.
FIR Capital operations are based on the pillars of transparency, ethics and responsibility. In keeping with these values, and the growing concern of all towards sustainable development, in November 2009 FIR Capital voluntarily became signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment, the PRI, and committed to adopt and implement the Principles in such a way aligned with their activities and responsibilities.
We believe that to adhere to the Principles for Responsible Investment, the PRI, is a natural step for the consolidation of values that already govern the philosophy and the conduct of FIR Capital. We are aware that globalization, advancements in communications technology and economic development have all contributed to an increased awareness by market actors around issues of sustainable development.
As signatories to the PRI, we commit to the following:
1. We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2. We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
3. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
4. We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
5. We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
6. We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles
For more information regarding the PRI, please access the link: www.unpri.org