JHSF’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding JHSF’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- changes in real estate market prices, customer demand and preferences, the financial condition of its customers and competitive conditions;
- general economic, political and business conditions in Brazil and, in particular, in the geographic regions JHSF serves;
- inflation, depreciation or devaluation of the Brazilian real, and interest rate fluctuations;
- continued success of the Company’s marketing and sales efforts and its ability to successfully implement its strategy;
- the availability of financing to JHSF’s customers and to consumers in general;
- the Company’s ability to implement its capital expenditure plans and to obtain financing on reasonable terms when required;
- the interests of JHSF’s controlling shareholders;
- increases in costs, including insurance premiums;
- the Company’s level of indebtedness and other financial obligations;
- JHSF’s ability to obtain labor, products and services from suppliers without interruption and at reasonable prices;
- The Company’s ability to achieve its general sales value (Valor Geral de Vendas), or VGV;
- changes in laws and regulations applicable to JHSF’s business, as well as new laws and regulations regarding taxes, zoning, environmental and other matters;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect JHSF’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. JHSF’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.