KROTON EDUCACIONAL S.A.
1. Date, time and venue: Held at 2:30 p.m. on August 12, 2009, via conference call with the members of the Board of Directors, in accordance with Article 21, Paragraph 1 of the Company’s Bylaws.
2. Call Notice and Attendance: The call notice was waived given the presence of all members of the Company’s Board of Directors.
3. Presiding: Chairman: Evando José Neiva. Secretary: Leonardo Augusto Leão Lara.
4. Agenda: i) Approval of the financial statements, management report and opinion of the independent auditors for the second quarter of fiscal year 2009; ii) Authorization of the Company’s Board of Executive Officers to adopt the procedures required to convene an Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting to appoint a third independent member to the Board of Directors.
5. Resolutions: i) Unanimous approval with no restrictions of the financial statements, management report and opinion of the independent auditors for the second quarter of fiscal year 2009; ii) Unanimous approval of the calling of an Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting to appoint the third independent member to Board of Directors, authorizing the Board of Executive Officers to take all measures necessary to call the Meeting.
6. Closing: With no further issues to address, the meeting was adjourned for the drawing up of these minutes, which was read, approved and signed by all the members. Belo Horizonte, August 12, 2009. Presiding: Evando José Neiva - Chairman; Secretary - Leonardo Augusto Leão Lara. Directors present: Evando José Neiva - Chairman; Juan Pablo Zucchini; Júlio Fernando Cabizuca; Luiz Aníbal de Lima Fernandes; Luiz Antonio de Moraes Carvalho; Newton Maia Salomão Alves, represented by proxy instrument granted to Juan Pablo Zucchini; Patrice Philippe Nogueira Baptista Etlin; Walfrido Silvino dos Mares Guia Neto.
This is a free translation of the original document in the Company‘s records.
Belo Horizonte, August 12, 2009
Evando José Neiva.
For further information, click here.