- EBITDA and EBITDA Margin grew compared to the previous quarter and to the same period in 2011.
- The major positive impact on EBITDA in 1Q12 reflects lower operating expenses. Although part of the quarterly drop derived from 4Q11 seasonality, the lower costs level fits in Oi’s restructuring moment.
- The performance of Net Revenue reflects a more aggressive commercial approach, aligned with the strategic long-term plan and with the expectation that the resumption of a growth path follows the improvement of operating metrics.
- The effort of restructuring the sales channels is already showing positive results.
- Revenue Generating Units (RGUs) reached 70,826 thousand, a growth of 7.2% compared to 1Q11:
- Residential: the wireline client base decreased at a slower pace while Broadband and Pay TV accelerated, resulting in the stability of the base and reverting the downward trend;
- Personal Mobility: Acceleration of post-paid growth and focus on greater profitability of the prepaid base; and
- Business / Corporate: Maintenance of growth pace within the segment.
- Investments totaled R$1,091 million, 31.6% above 1Q11, aligned with the Capex Guidance disclosed to the market (R$6 billion in 2012).
To see the Earnings Release, click here.
Last Update: May 14, 2012
COPYRIGHT (C) 2013 OI